Governing bodies of the Institute are the Steering Committee and the Managing Director, while the Expert-scientific Committee is established within the Institute.
Steering Committee is consisted of the president and four members who are appointed and dismissed by the Government.
President and members of the Steering Committee are the Government representatives appointed among professionals in the field of health, veterinary medicine and environmental protection and one member is a representative of the employees proposed by the Institute.
Steering Committee members shall be appointed for the four-year period and may be reappointed.
The Steering Committee shall perform the following tasks:
- define the business policy of the Institute;
- adopt statute of the Institute, act on internal systematisation and organisation and other general acts;
- adopt financial plan and final account;
- decide on the choice of an auditor;
- adopt the business report;
- adopt the yearly working program of the Institute;
- make investment decisions;
- adopt a code of conduct for employees of the Institute;
- take measures to ensure the quality, safety and efficacy of medicinal products;
- submit at least once a year a work report to the Government;
- make decisions in second instance on the Institute employees’ rights;
- adopts the Rules of procedure regarding its work; and
- perform other activities determined by the Law and Statute of the Institute.
The composition of the Steering Committee is as follows:
Dr. subspec. Vasilije Đurašković, president
PharmD, Lidija Čizmović, member
Managing Director is appointed and dismissed by the Steering Committee based on the public announcement for a five-year period and may be re-elected.
Managing Director shall:
- organise and manage the work of the Institute;
- be responsible for the legality, efficiency and economical effectiveness of the Institute;
- be responsible for the implementation of working programs and plans of the Institute;
- pass the decisions, i.e., administrative acts within the competence of the Institute, which are not the responsibility of the Steering Committee of the Institute;
- act upon the decisions of the Steering Committee;
- make decisions on the rights of the employees in accordance with the Law.
Managing director of the Institute is MD, MSc, PhD, spec. Snežana Mugoša.
The Expert-scientific Committee is established within the Institute that consists of at least five employees of the Institute with specialty and scientific occupations related to activities of the Institute in accordance with the Law.
The members of the Expert-scientific Committee are appointed and dismissed by the Steering Committee on the proposal of the Managing Director of the Institute.
The President of the Expert-Scientific Committee is elected by the Expert-Scientific Committee among the members of the Expert-Scientific Committee.
The Expert-Scientific Committee members shall be appointed for the four-year period and may be reappointed.
President of the Expert-Scientific Committee shall be appointed for a two-year period and may be reappointed at most once more in a row.
The Expert-Scientific Committee shall work and decide at its sessions by a majority of the total number of members.
In order to perform certain tasks within the competence of the Institute, the Expert-Scientific Committee may appoint commissions and working groups.
The work of the Expert-Scientific Committee is regulated by the Rules of Procedure.
Expert-scientific Committee shall:
- propose and give opinions on the development strategy of the Institute and propose expert basis for the program of work and development of the Institute;
- propose and give opinions on issues of expert work of the Institute;
- give an opinion on the programs of all forms of expert and scientific training for the need of the Institute;
- adopt a program for scientific-research and development activities;
- analyse, evaluate and adopt reports on the implementation of programs and projects;
- perform other duties in accordance with the Law and the Statute of the Institute.